Stoney Creek Outreach
Birmingham Huntsville, AL
FILE Updated 11/30/12
Location: Stony Creek Christian Camp in Cullman county Alabama
Ongoing Needs: Christians willing to serve on mission throughout this spring to prepare the camp for summer youth programs. Specific projects include
1. Stone masons to finish placing the stone on the Church.
2. Many skills to finish building the 1,200 square foot lodge, which is partially framed, and help is really needed to make it weatherproof before the weather damages existing framing. It needs the siding completed, windows installed, metal roof, insulation, wiring, plumbing, sheathing interior – this project is almost complete.
3. Recently started a 3,000 sq. ft. building – roof, side sheathing and wrap is on, needs siding and all inside work.
4. Building multiple smaller cabins (up to 8), which need to be framed with siding, roofs, widows, etc. – pending available funding.
5. Staining a few small lodges.
6. build picnic tables and bunks – need 50 bunks completed by 7/24/13
7. Cleaning up around recently acquired 17 more acres of property with a 4 acre pond, mainly with clippers, chainsaws, etc., picnic tables built, pavilions, trails in this area.
8. Construct a wire perimeter fence to provide a more secure place for our camp attendees.
9. Construct rock work at one side of our church, signage, and the entry gate.
10. Install HVAC systems in church basement
12. Ongoing need for help during the fall to continue expanding the camp facility. NOTE: Camp has most common hand tools but could use another air compressor if pneumatic power tools are being used.
Accommodations: Space for 10-15 RV sites with water and electric, two portable septic tanks. Groups or individuals can come any time of year and stay as long as they like. Contact: Randy Hinkle, 256-338-5583.
Directions: Located in north-central Alabama between Birmingham and Huntsville. See web page: www.stoneycreekalabama.com or call for details.
Contact: Randy Hinkle, 256-338-5583, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Stony Creek Christian Camp in Cullman County Alabama (north central) needs Christians willing to serve on mission throughout this spring to prepare the amp for summer youth programs. There will be a program called CAMP 2540 which allows under-privileged youth to attend for free. They are really short of hellp the week of May 30 – June 3, 2013, which is when they will have 50 boys for CAMP 2540. They need 10 chaperons for boys and some other help with teaching, etc. Keep in mind, they have numerous bookings during the summer but that will not affect any group of campers.
Campers can come anytime; they also have a very limited budget for new items. Updated 11/30/12